We assist clients with the preparation of wills, living or revocable trusts, durable and medical powers of attorney, irrevocable trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and other documents and instruments relating to estate planning.
For family businesses, we provide business succession planning with an appreciation of the intra-family dynamics and important tax considerations. We review and draft buy-sell agreements, consider the pros and cons of forming a family limited partnership or family limited liability company, and craft estate plans with will and trust provisions to meet client objectives for allocating assets to family members while minimizing estate and gift taxes. We structure intra-family loans, seller-provided financing, self-cancelling installment notes and sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, life insurance limited partnerships, split dollar agreements, and other estate planning tools as part of a comprehensive estate and business succession plan.
- Wills & Durable and Medical Powers of Attorney
- Living Revocable Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Donor Advisor Funds
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Life Insurance Limited Partnership
- Business Succession Planning
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Family Limited Liability Companies
- Buy-Sell Agreements